Tan Jin is currently a second year undergraduate pursuing a degree in Computer Science at NUS. He is passionate about Cybersecurity & Artificial Intelligence. In his free time, he engages in hackathons and projects ranging from simple telegram bots to machine learning models.
- Provided tech advice and assisted in hiring process for onboarding new members onto the tech team.
- Led the tech team to deliver a minimum viable product for demo to merchants.
- Implemented user registration API as part of a new critical component for volunteers e-registration.
- Expanded activity forms to include a section for the volunteer management system.
- Added new reports generation under the volunteer management system.
- Resolved a few legacy bugs.
- Coordinated the collection of datasets.
- Prepared and analysed the datasets for use in model training.
- Occasionally assist project mentor in providing guidance for Python data science projects.
- Assisted in teaching python classes on a weekly basis with Code in the Community.
- Implemented API & GUI regression testing with python.
- Project coordinator for machine learning projects with NUS & AISG.
- Handled website update and maintenance.
- Wrote and translated several documentations for internal projects.
Coding aside, I enjoy running and swimming from time to time. As a fan of the sci-fi genre, I also find sci-fi books & movies very engaging.
As the world becomes increasingly digitalized, I also strive to keep myself updated with developments in the tech field as I continue to pick up new skills.